DHA: The primary building block of the human brain tissue and eyes.
- Essential nutrient for optimal brain function
- Studies support an association between DHA and benefits to the cardiovascular system
- Studies indicate a link between DHA and improved brain function
- Supports healthy blood pressure
- Supports healthy growth hormone levels
- Plays an important role in healthy eye function
- Supports healthy inflammatory response
DHA, or docosahexaenoic acid (not to be mistaken with DHEA) is an omega-3 essential fatty acid. It is one of the primary building blocks of the brain and the eyes. DHA ensures optimal composition of cells in the brain, retina, heart and parts of the nervous system. Approximately 30% of the structural lipid in the gray matter of the brain is DHA. Thus, it is required for the proper functioning of the neural systems.
DHA is vital for normal brain development of the fetus and infant, and for the maintenance of normal brain function throughout life.
Why should you take DHA?
Brain and Nervous System Support: DHA is prevalent in brain cell membranes. It is the main fatty acid in the brain (which contains 60% fats) and in the retina. Adequate levels of DHA are essential for brain development during pregnancy and early childhood. Some scientists have suggested that serious degenerative diseases may be due, at least partly, to prolonged deficiency in DHA. Because of its importance in the development of the brain and nervous system, DHA intake in the mother’s diet influences birth-weight. Breast milk contains 0.2% DHA, and for this reason in particular, breastfed babies have better resistance and better visual acuity than bottle-fed babies.
Hearth Health: DHA reduced hypertension and heart rate in men with mild hyperlipidaemia in a controlled, comparative study. By reducing blood viscosity, evidence indicates that DHA increases red blood cell membrane fluidity, thereby increasing the deformability of the blood cells so that they can move through capillaries more easily and thereby lower blood pressure. DHA may also reduce blood pressure by lowering cortisol.
Autoimmune Disorders: DHA supplementation in healthy young men has been shown to decrease the activity of immune cells, such as natural killer (NK) cells and the cells that regulate inflammation responses in the body. The anti-inflammatory effects of DHA may be useful in the management of autoimmune disorders.
Who is likely to be deficient?
A link has appeared between DHA deficiency and Alzheimer’s disease; similarly, preliminary evidence shows that children with attention deficit disorder (ADD) have low DHA levels. Preliminary evidence suggests that people with a variety of rare but related congenital diseases (Zellweger’s syndrome, neonatal adrenoleukodystrophy, and infantile Refsum’s disease) may be DHA-deficient, and may even benefit from DHA supplementation. At least four studies have reported a reduced blood level of omega-3 fatty acids in people with depression. Many doctors believe the diets of most people eating a Western diet do not provide optimal amounts of omega-3 fatty acids.
How much should be taken? Are there any contraindications?
- Typical daily dosage ranges from 100-500 mgs.
- There are no known reports of toxicity associated with DHA.
- If you are pregnant or lactating consult a health care practitioner prior to using DHA.
Serving Size: 1 Softgel
Servings Per Container: 60
Amount Per Serving:
Docosahexaenoic Acid (DHA): 100mg
(from fish oil)
Take 1 softgel daily with a meal.
If you are pregnant or lactating, consult a health care professional before using this product. KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN. Store in a cool, dry place. Do not use this product if the safety seal on the bottle is broken.
Cal-Mag-Zinc: A synergistic blend of minerals designed to optimise good health!
- Promotes strong bones and teeth
- Necessary nutrient for healthy blood clotting
- Helps move nutrients across cell membranes
- Important minerals for lowering blood pressure and for cardiovascular health
- May support healthy cholesterol levels
- Required for normal muscular function
- Helps protect cells from free radical damage
- Assists in maintaining a healthy reproductive system
- May support healthy prostate function
- May support healthy immune function
Naturally Support Digestion & Overall Health
- Supports digestion & overall health
- May naturally reduce bloating & gas
- Pure, liquid herbal formula
FENNEL LIQUID DROPS offer digestive health and overall bodily support with its rich makeup of nutrients. Fennel seeds have been long used as a culinary addition, but the health benefits of fennel are impressive and utilised worldwide. This superfood holds key nutrients that support healthy digestion, blood pressure, cholesterol and overall well-being. Fennel seeds are packed with diverse, nourishing properties that help your body feel great and thrive.
Keep your hair and beard moisturised with Beardo Beard and Hair Growth Oil. Regular oiling and cleansing will result in a healthy and full beard. Massage the oil into your scalp and leave overnight. Wash your hair next morning and see the difference.
Promotes Hair Growth
Get Rid of Patchy Beard
Get Full, Thick & Dense Beard
Nourishes Your Beard