DHA: The primary building block of the human brain tissue and eyes.
- Essential nutrient for optimal brain function
- Studies support an association between DHA and benefits to the cardiovascular system
- Studies indicate a link between DHA and improved brain function
- Supports healthy blood pressure
- Supports healthy growth hormone levels
- Plays an important role in healthy eye function
- Supports healthy inflammatory response
DHA, or docosahexaenoic acid (not to be mistaken with DHEA) is an omega-3 essential fatty acid. It is one of the primary building blocks of the brain and the eyes. DHA ensures optimal composition of cells in the brain, retina, heart and parts of the nervous system. Approximately 30% of the structural lipid in the gray matter of the brain is DHA. Thus, it is required for the proper functioning of the neural systems.
DHA is vital for normal brain development of the fetus and infant, and for the maintenance of normal brain function throughout life.
Why should you take DHA?
Brain and Nervous System Support: DHA is prevalent in brain cell membranes. It is the main fatty acid in the brain (which contains 60% fats) and in the retina. Adequate levels of DHA are essential for brain development during pregnancy and early childhood. Some scientists have suggested that serious degenerative diseases may be due, at least partly, to prolonged deficiency in DHA. Because of its importance in the development of the brain and nervous system, DHA intake in the mother’s diet influences birth-weight. Breast milk contains 0.2% DHA, and for this reason in particular, breastfed babies have better resistance and better visual acuity than bottle-fed babies.
Hearth Health: DHA reduced hypertension and heart rate in men with mild hyperlipidaemia in a controlled, comparative study. By reducing blood viscosity, evidence indicates that DHA increases red blood cell membrane fluidity, thereby increasing the deformability of the blood cells so that they can move through capillaries more easily and thereby lower blood pressure. DHA may also reduce blood pressure by lowering cortisol.
Autoimmune Disorders: DHA supplementation in healthy young men has been shown to decrease the activity of immune cells, such as natural killer (NK) cells and the cells that regulate inflammation responses in the body. The anti-inflammatory effects of DHA may be useful in the management of autoimmune disorders.
Who is likely to be deficient?
A link has appeared between DHA deficiency and Alzheimer’s disease; similarly, preliminary evidence shows that children with attention deficit disorder (ADD) have low DHA levels. Preliminary evidence suggests that people with a variety of rare but related congenital diseases (Zellweger’s syndrome, neonatal adrenoleukodystrophy, and infantile Refsum’s disease) may be DHA-deficient, and may even benefit from DHA supplementation. At least four studies have reported a reduced blood level of omega-3 fatty acids in people with depression. Many doctors believe the diets of most people eating a Western diet do not provide optimal amounts of omega-3 fatty acids.
How much should be taken? Are there any contraindications?
- Typical daily dosage ranges from 100-500 mgs.
- There are no known reports of toxicity associated with DHA.
- If you are pregnant or lactating consult a health care practitioner prior to using DHA.
Serving Size: 1 Softgel
Servings Per Container: 60
Amount Per Serving:
Docosahexaenoic Acid (DHA): 100mg
(from fish oil)
Take 1 softgel daily with a meal.
If you are pregnant or lactating, consult a health care professional before using this product. KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN. Store in a cool, dry place. Do not use this product if the safety seal on the bottle is broken.
A powerful and natural anti-inflammatory with no negative side effects.
Standardised to Contain 65% Boswellic Acid.
Reduces general arthritis pain.
Helps prevent the deterioration of cartilage and joint tissue.
Treats the symptoms of inflammatory bowel disease, ulcerative colitis and Crohn’s disease.
May reduce the number of asthma attack.
Coral Calcium: Anti-ageing benefits plus additional vitamins and minerals for optimal health.
- Promotes strong bones and teeth
- Important nutrient for lowering blood pressure
- Helps maintain normal PH levels
- Required nutrient for muscle contraction
- Necessary nutrient for healthy blood clotting
- Assists in transmission of nerve impulses
- Helps move nutrients across cell membranes
- May support healthy cholesterol levels
- Regulates the transmission of nerve impulses
- May help reduce heartburn by normalizing stomach acid
- Plays an important role in producing hormones and enzymes that regulate digestion and metabolism
Evening Primrose Oil: May support symptom relief associated with PMS
- May have positive effects on cardiovascular health
- May support healthy weight
- May support breast health
- May support healthy immune function
- Shown to reduce symptoms associated with diabetes
- May support skin health
Holy Basil Promotes Healthy Adrenal Glands & Overall Wellness.
Supports adrenal glands
Promotes overall wellness
Pure & potent
HOLY BASIL is a powerful, potent herb that promotes healthy bodily functions and is especially supportive of the adrenal glands during times of stress. Holy Basil Supplements may help maintain balanced hormones and promote overall health and vitality through support of the immune system and energy levels.