Folic Acid Capsules
Folic Acid: Essential to healthy bones and joints
- Essential for the health of red blood cells and the production of proteins and various amino acids
- Crucial for mothers-to-be during pregnancy
- May treat cervical dysplasia and decrease the necessity of hysterectomies
- Folic acid has been effective in enhancing cognitive performance in older adults
- Helps support healthy immune function
- May prevent the development and progression of atherosclerosis
Folic acid is a member of the water-soluble B vitamin family, it is also known as folacin or folate. It was first discovered in the 1940’s when it was extracted from spinach. Folate gets its name from the Latin word folium (“leaf”). It should be replenished daily due to the fact that the body cannot store it for long periods of time. Folic acid deficiency is the most common vitamin deficiency in the world. Half of the folic acid in foods is depleted through cooking, processing and long-term storage, thus supplementation of this vital nutrient is highly recommended. Leafy vegetables such as spinach, turnip greens, lettuces, dried beans and peas, fortified cereal products, sunflower seeds and certain other fruits and vegetables are rich sources of folic acid.
What does Folic Acid do?
During pregnancy, a woman’s daily intake requirements for certain nutrients such as folic acid (folate) will increase. This vitamin is vital for proper fetal growth, development and healthy adult living. Mothers-to-be are advised to take folic acid for their own health as well as for the health of their babies. This vitamin makes up for many nutritional deficiencies in your diet during your pregnancy.
Folic Acid can reduce your risk of having a baby with a serious birth defect of the brain and spinal cord, called the “neural tube.” A baby with spina bifida, the most common neural tube defect, is born with a spine that is not closed. The exposed nerves are damaged, leaving the child with varying degrees of paralysis, incontinence, and sometimes mental retardation.
Low folic acid levels are linked to an increased risk of heart disease through an increase in homocysteine. Folic acid is necessary for the production of both DNA and RNA and is essential for proper cellular division and the transmission of the genetic code to all newly formed cells.
Folic acid is essential for the health of red blood cells and the production of proteins and various amino acids. It may treat cervical dysplasia and decrease the necessity of hysterectomies and it may be beneficial for people with major depression and/or schizophrenia. Folic acid has been shown to lower homocysteine levels, even when the levels are increased by lipid lowering medications and it helps support healthy immune function. It also may prevent the development and progression of atherosclerosis.
Folic acid is depleted in persons who drink alcohol, smoke, or take oral contraceptives. Pregnancy doubles a woman’s requirements for folic acid. If you have pernicious anaemia, are taking anticonvulsant drugs, or are pregnant or lactating consult a health care practitioner prior to taking Folic acid.
Large doses of Folic Acid may mask vitamin B12 deficiency.
Serving Size: 1 Vegetarian Tablet
Servings Per Container: 250
Amount Per Serving:
Folic Acid 800mcg
Take one (1) tablet daily with a meal.
If you have pernicious anaemia, are taking anticonvulsant drugs, or are pregnant or lactating, consult a health care professional before using this product. KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN. Store in a cool, dry place. Do not use this product if the safety seal on the bottle is broken.
Plant-based Supplement Supports Digestive & Immune System Health
- Promotes healthy digestion
- Supports natural cleansing
- Gluten free
- Support family-owned medicinal herb farms
- Only the freshest and most vital raw materials are sourced
- Finest organically grown, ethically wild-harvested ingredients
CHLOROPHYLL JUICE offer pure, natural support to the digestive system while promoting a healthy, cleansed body. Chlorophyll is a nutrient that creates the green pigment and allows light absorption in many of the leafy green plants we eat. The benefits of liquid chlorophyll are vast, but some of most common benefits are digestion and immune system support. The chlorophyll Juice is packed with nourishing properties that promote optimal health.
Cal-Mag-Zinc: A synergistic blend of minerals designed to optimise good health!
- Promotes strong bones and teeth
- Necessary nutrient for healthy blood clotting
- Helps move nutrients across cell membranes
- Important minerals for lowering blood pressure and for cardiovascular health
- May support healthy cholesterol levels
- Required for normal muscular function
- Helps protect cells from free radical damage
- Assists in maintaining a healthy reproductive system
- May support healthy prostate function
- May support healthy immune function