What is Ginger and where does it come from?
Ginger has enjoyed use in the Orient for thousands of years as a folk remedy. Ginger is a plant that comes from Southeast Asia, and is now also cultivated in Jamaica and other tropical areas. The ginger herb root is used for culinary and medicinal purposes. Ginger is a natural spice and is known world wide for its smell and pungent taste. Ginger has been used by Chinese herbalists for more than 2,500 years as flavouring in food and also as a medicine.
What does Ginger do?
Ginger reduces abdominal bloating, stimulates digestion, keeps intestinal muscles toned, reduces nausea and vomiting, supports the cardiovascular system, and may be helpful for atherosclerosis, chemotherapy support, painful menstruation, migraine headaches, morning sickness, motion sickness, diarrhoea, flatulence, dyspepsia, alcoholic gastritis and rheumatism. Results of small studies conducted among seasick sailors or ship passengers, found that ginger generally has more effectiveness for relieving motion sickness than placebo (inactive sugar pills). Ginger has also been used in folk medicine to treat minor gastrointestinal problems such as gas or stomach cramps. Recent studies may confirm that ginger directly affects the gastrointestinal tract, helping to improve muscle tone and to prevent abnormally rapid and strong intestinal contractions.
Ginger lowers cholesterol levels by impairing cholesterol absorption, helping it convert to bile acids and then increasing bile elimination. Ginger’s anti-nausea action also helps dispel dizziness, particularly when the dizziness is aggravated by motion sickness. Ginger helps indirectly to relieve chronic pain by reducing inflammation by lowering the body’s level of natural pain-causing compounds called prostaglandins. Ginger is also used as an anti-inflammatory against rheumatic pain and arthritis. Ginger may boost the pumping action of the heart, prevent the formation of clots, reduce cholesterol levels, and fight inflammation.
Are there any side effects or warnings?
- Gas, bloating, and heartburn. These symptoms can lead to a stomach ulcer over a long period of time and if a large amount of ginger is used.
- People with gallstones should consult their doctors prior to taking ginger as it is know to increase bile flow.
- Large amounts of ginger should not be taken in pregnancy.
Serving Size: 1 Capsule
Servings Per Container: 120
Amount Per Serving:
Ginger (root) (5% gingerols, 12.5mg) 250mg
Take one (1) capsule, one to three times daily.
If you are pregnant or lactating, consult a health care professional before using this product. KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN. Store in a cool, dry place. Do not use this product if the safety seal on the bottle is broken.
DHA: The primary building block of the human brain tissue and eyes.
- Essential nutrient for optimal brain function
- Studies support an association between DHA and benefits to the cardiovascular system
- Studies indicate a link between DHA and improved brain function
- Supports healthy blood pressure
- Supports healthy growth hormone levels
- Plays an important role in healthy eye function
- Supports healthy inflammatory response
A powerful and natural anti-inflammatory with no negative side effects.
Standardised to Contain 65% Boswellic Acid.
Reduces general arthritis pain.
Helps prevent the deterioration of cartilage and joint tissue.
Treats the symptoms of inflammatory bowel disease, ulcerative colitis and Crohn’s disease.
May reduce the number of asthma attack.
Plant-based Supplement Supports Digestive & Immune System Health
- Promotes healthy digestion
- Supports natural cleansing
- Gluten free
- Support family-owned medicinal herb farms
- Only the freshest and most vital raw materials are sourced
- Finest organically grown, ethically wild-harvested ingredients
CHLOROPHYLL JUICE offer pure, natural support to the digestive system while promoting a healthy, cleansed body. Chlorophyll is a nutrient that creates the green pigment and allows light absorption in many of the leafy green plants we eat. The benefits of liquid chlorophyll are vast, but some of most common benefits are digestion and immune system support. The chlorophyll Juice is packed with nourishing properties that promote optimal health.
Cranberry: Enhances urinary tract health and fights recurrent urinary tract infections.
- Concentrated herbal extract
- Helps maintain normal function of the urinary tract
- Antioxidant activity
- Prevents urinary tract infections
- Prevents the formation of kidney stones