Ginseng (Panax): Anti-stress and endurance enhancing
- May support healthy immune function
- May support healthy cardiovascular function
- May support a healthy appetite
- Shown to have adaptogenic properties
- May support healthy respiratory function
What is Ginseng?
Ginseng is a herbaceous perennial. It has fleshy roots with the texture of a paronip, branched with root hairs and up to 30cm long. The stem has leaves, which are arranged in circle around the stem. Each leaf on a mature plant has five leaflets. Ginseng was first used as medicine and high quality nutrients in China. It provides major benefits to boost the immune system, promote blood circulation, and improve physical and mental endurance. Panax Ginseng is mainly grown in Northeast China and Korea. Korean Ginseng extracts are highly recommended among Asian Ginseng Supplement products.
Ginseng is a staple of traditional herbal medicine. It is considered to be one of the most powerful of medicinal herbs, improving one’s circulatory system and enhancing the body’s metabolism. Numerous books, articles and research state ginseng is a non-toxic substance that helps the body to adapt to stress. Researchers have isolated certain plant compounds called saponins, which are believed to be the reason for ginseng’s adaptogenic properties. Usually, the root of an herb is always stronger than the leaves and that is why the ginseng root is prized. Ginseng is not an annual crop, but a six-year cultivated crop. Panax Ginseng mainly grows in Changbai Mountain, which is one of world grade natural conservation area.
Why take Ginseng?
Ginseng may help the body react and adapt to both physical and mental stresses. By helping the body adapt to these stresses you are allowing it to utilise its energy stores in a more positive fashion. Ginseng increases resistance to the effects of stress and improves circulation and mental function.
Health conditions contributed to being stress induced include: increased acidity of the body chemistry, back pain, Crohn’s disease (inflammation of the intestinal tract), depression, chronic diarrhoea, digestive disorders, hair loss, headaches, hypertension or high blood pressure, impotence, insomnia, TMJ syndromes (jaw pain and clicking), nervous and anxiety disorders, obsessive compulsive behaviors, various skin conditions, and finally, ulcers. Ginseng is a great supplement for people who have chronic fever, thirst, hot flashes, people who crave excess sweets and have excess hunger.
- High doses of Ginseng have been linked to insomnia, making it important to take it early in the day.
- Excessively high doses (5-10 grams a day) may cause jitteriness and increased blood pressure.
- May increase effects of caffeine.
- If you are taking antipsychotic, blood pressure, antidiabetic, steroidal medications or have high blood pressure, hypoglycemia, a heart disorder, asthma or are pregnant or lactating consult a health care practitioner prior to using Panax Ginseng.
Serving Size: 1 Capsule
Servings Per Container: 120
Amount Per Serving:
Panax Ginseng (root) 200mg
14% Ginsenosides 28mg
Take one (1) capsule, one to two times daily.
If you taking antipsychotics, antidiabetic, steroidal medications or have high blood pressure, hypoglycemia, a heart disorder, asthma or are pregnant or lactating, consult a health care professional before using this product. KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN. Store in a cool, dry place. Do not use this product if the safety seal on the bottle is broken.
A nutritional powerhouse from Brazil and one of the most nutritious foods in the world
- Our ACAI is Rainforest Grown!
- One of the most nutritious foods in the world
- A powerful source of antioxidants to combat premature ageing
- Helps promote cardiovascular and digestive health
- Promotes weight loss
Coral Calcium: Anti-ageing benefits plus additional vitamins and minerals for optimal health.
- Promotes strong bones and teeth
- Important nutrient for lowering blood pressure
- Helps maintain normal PH levels
- Required nutrient for muscle contraction
- Necessary nutrient for healthy blood clotting
- Assists in transmission of nerve impulses
- Helps move nutrients across cell membranes
- May support healthy cholesterol levels
- Regulates the transmission of nerve impulses
- May help reduce heartburn by normalizing stomach acid
- Plays an important role in producing hormones and enzymes that regulate digestion and metabolism