What is Gymnema Sylvestre?
Gymnema Sylvestre is an Indian Herb recognised for centuries.Pure Gymnema Sylvester extract (5:1), which is the most desirable form. Pullulan is a polysaccharide that provides synergistic enhancement of the qualities of Gymnema Sylvester.
A member of the milkweed family, Gymnema Sylvester is native to the tropical regions of India. Nicknamed the “sugar destroyer” because the leaves effectively block sweet tastes in the mouth when chewed, the herb is often promoted as an appetite suppressant and weight-loss agent.
What does Gymnema Sylvestre do?
Generations of people in India with diabetes have successfully chewed the leaves to help control blood sugar. Several small, placebo-controlled trials indicate that gymnema extracts may indeed lower blood sugar levels. In those with type 1 diabetes, gymnema seems to enhance the action of insulin. In one study, 27 people with type 1 diabetes who took gymnema leaf extracts for several months required less insulin to control their blood sugar levels. Animal studies also support this use; they indicate that gymnema can double the amount of insulin-producing cells in the pancreas, and return blood sugar levels to normal as a result.
In the case of the far more prevalent type 2 diabetes–also known as noninsulin-dependent diabetes–research findings indicate that the use of gymnema may improve blood sugar control and result in the need for smaller doses of oral diabetes drugs to control the disease. However, it’s critical that people with this disease don’t abandon proven ways to manage it, from a healthy diet to regular exercise and medications when needed. Traditional Ayurvedic medicine uses gymnema to treat a variety of other disorders as well, including digestion problems, cough, constipation, and malaria. Animal studies indicate a possible role for gymnema in lowering cholesterol, triglycerides and LDL (“bad”) cholesterol. More research on this intriguing connection is needed.
Are there any side effects I need to worry about when using Gymnema Sylvestre supplements?
Gymnema Sylvestre is a herbal supplement and so, does not cause any unwarranted side effects on the body. However, prior consultation with a physician is required in the following instances.
- If you are pregnant or are lactating.
- If you are allergic to plants belonging to the milkweed family.
- If you frequently experience blood sugar issues (both high and low blood sugar levels).
- If you are already on other medications for high blood sugar levels (like insulin or oral hypoglycemic medications).
- If you suffer from frequent bouts of diarrhoea and lack of appetite.
- If you are scheduled to undergo a surgery within the next two weeks.
Serving Size: 1 Capsule
Servings Per Container: 90
Amount Per Serving:
Gymnema 5:1 Extract (Gymnema sylvestre) (leaf) 300mg
Pullulan Powder 150 mg
Take 1 capsule 2 times daily with water 15 minutes before each meal.
If you are pregnant or lactating, consult a health care professional before using this product. KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN. Store in a cool, dry place. Do not use this product if the safety seal on the bottle is broken.
DHA: The primary building block of the human brain tissue and eyes.
- Essential nutrient for optimal brain function
- Studies support an association between DHA and benefits to the cardiovascular system
- Studies indicate a link between DHA and improved brain function
- Supports healthy blood pressure
- Supports healthy growth hormone levels
- Plays an important role in healthy eye function
- Supports healthy inflammatory response
Coral Calcium: Anti-ageing benefits plus additional vitamins and minerals for optimal health.
- Promotes strong bones and teeth
- Important nutrient for lowering blood pressure
- Helps maintain normal PH levels
- Required nutrient for muscle contraction
- Necessary nutrient for healthy blood clotting
- Assists in transmission of nerve impulses
- Helps move nutrients across cell membranes
- May support healthy cholesterol levels
- Regulates the transmission of nerve impulses
- May help reduce heartburn by normalizing stomach acid
- Plays an important role in producing hormones and enzymes that regulate digestion and metabolism