Iron: A vital nutrient that plays an essential role in forming healthy red blood cells and transporting oxygen.
- Helps prevent a host of deficiency disorders including anaemia
- Has been used to treat restless legs syndrome
- Vegetarian capsules
- Women tend to be deficient in iron because they tend to eat foods low in iron and lose iron through menstruation
What is Iron?
Iron is an essential mineral and an important component of proteins involved in oxygen transport and metabolism. Almost two-thirds of the iron in your body is found in haemoglobin, the protein in red blood cells that carries oxygen to your body’s tissues. Smaller amounts of iron are found in myoglobin, a protein that helps supply oxygen to muscle, and in enzymes that assist biochemical reactions in cells. About 15 percent of your body’s iron is stored for future needs and mobilised when dietary intake is inadequate.
The remainder is in your body’s tissues as part of proteins that help your body function. Adult men and post-menopausal women lose very little iron except through bleeding. Women with heavy monthly periods can lose a significant amount of iron. Your body usually maintains normal iron status by controlling the amount of iron absorbed from food. Liver is by far the richest iron-containing food. Other good sources of iron-rich foods include organ meats, fish and poultry. Dried beans and vegetables are the best plant sources, followed by dried fruits, nuts, and whole grain breads and cereals. Fortification of cereals, flours and bread with iron has contributed significantly to daily dietary iron consumption.
Why take Iron?
Iron is necessary for the transport of oxygen through the body via red blood cells. It is also involved in the conversion of blood sugar to energy. It provides a crucial building block for the production of enzymes that are involved with making new cells, amino acids, hormones and neurotransmitters.
Other important activities requiring iron include liver detoxification, the metabolism of fatty acids, and the synthesis of carnitine and the neurotransmitters serotonin and dopamine. Iron is essential for the production of collagen and elastin, which provide structural integrity and elasticity for organs and tissues.
Who is likely to be deficient?
Vegetarians eat less iron than non-vegetarians, and the iron they eat is somewhat less absorb-able. As a result, vegetarians are more likely to have reduced iron stores. However, iron deficiency is not usually caused by a lack of iron in the diet alone. An underlying cause, such as iron loss in menstrual blood, often exists.
Pregnant women, marathon runners, people who take aspirin, and those who have parasitic infections, haemorrhoids, ulcers, ulcerative colitis, Crohn’s disease, gastrointestinal cancers, or other conditions that cause blood loss or malabsorption are likely to become deficient.
Infants living in inner city areas may be at increased risk of iron-deficiency anaemia and suffer more often from developmental delays as a result. Supplementation of infant formula with iron up to 18 months of age in inner city infants has been shown to prevent iron-deficiency anaemia and to reduce the decline in mental development seen in such infants in some, but not all, studies.
Breath-holding spells are a common problem affecting about 27% of healthy children. These spells have been associated with iron-deficiency anaemia, and several studies have reported improvement of breath-holding spells with iron supplementation.
- If you are pregnant or lactating consult a health care practitioner before using Iron.
- Iron poisoning only occurs in cases of extreme overdose. For this reason, keep iron supplements out of reach of children.
- Accidental overdose of iron containing products is a leading cause of fatal poisoning in children under 6.
- Excessive iron intake may cause nausea, vomiting, constipation and black stools.
Serving Size: 1 Vegetarian Capsule
Servings Per Container: 90
Amount Per Serving
Iron (as ferrous bisglycinate) 18 mg
Take one (1) capsule daily with a meal.
If you are pregnant or lactating, consult a health care professional before using this product. KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN. Store in a cool, dry place. Do not use this product if the safety seal on the bottle is broken. Accidental overdose of iron-containing products is a leading cause of fatal poisoning in children under 6. In case of accidental overdose, call a doctor or poison control centre immediately.
DHA: The primary building block of the human brain tissue and eyes.
- Essential nutrient for optimal brain function
- Studies support an association between DHA and benefits to the cardiovascular system
- Studies indicate a link between DHA and improved brain function
- Supports healthy blood pressure
- Supports healthy growth hormone levels
- Plays an important role in healthy eye function
- Supports healthy inflammatory response
Cranberry: Enhances urinary tract health and fights recurrent urinary tract infections.
- Concentrated herbal extract
- Helps maintain normal function of the urinary tract
- Antioxidant activity
- Prevents urinary tract infections
- Prevents the formation of kidney stones
Plant-based Supplement Supports Digestive & Immune System Health
- Promotes healthy digestion
- Supports natural cleansing
- Gluten free
- Support family-owned medicinal herb farms
- Only the freshest and most vital raw materials are sourced
- Finest organically grown, ethically wild-harvested ingredients
CHLOROPHYLL LIQUID DROPS offer pure, natural support to the digestive system while promoting a healthy, cleansed body. Chlorophyll is a nutrient that creates the green pigment and allows light absorption in many of the leafy green plants we eat. The benefits of liquid chlorophyll are vast, but some of most common benefits are digestion and immune system support. The chlorophyll drops are packed with nourishing properties that promote optimal health.
Keep your hair and beard moisturised with Beardo Beard and Hair Growth Oil. Regular oiling and cleansing will result in a healthy and full beard. Massage the oil into your scalp and leave overnight. Wash your hair next morning and see the difference.
Promotes Hair Growth
Get Rid of Patchy Beard
Get Full, Thick & Dense Beard
Nourishes Your Beard