Omega 3 Fish Oil Capsules
Omega 3 Fish Oil: Essential for Heart and Vascular Health.
- Instrumental in regulating inflammation, blood pressure and thickness, hormone production, and the activities of the immune and central nervous systems.
- Studies suggest that Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) may be linked to omega-3 deficiency.
- Has been shown to decrease elevated serum triglycerides.
- Deficiencies of omega-3 may also be linked to depression.
- Important for infants (and a developing fetus) for proper development of the brain and retina of the eyes.
- Deficiencies have also been found in people who have allergies, asthma, and skin disorders like eczema and psoriasis.
- Supports cardiovascular health by lowering blood pressure, relaxing blood vessels and lowering cholesterol levels.
- May also reduce pain for sufferers of rheumatoid arthritis.
- May be helpful for symptoms of Crohn’s disease.
What is Omega-3?
There are two types of fat, omega-3 and omega-6, which are essential for human health. The average American consumes far too many omega-6 fats in their diet while consuming very low levels of omega-3. The ideal ratio of omega-6 to omega-3 fats is 1:1. Our ancestors evolved over millions of years on this ratio. Today, though, our ratio of omega-6 to omega-3 averages from 20:1 to 50:1! By far, the best type of omega-3 fats are those found in fish. The omega-3 in fish is high in two fatty acids crucial to human health, DHA and EPA. These two fatty acids are pivotal in preventing many diseases. Researchers are now also linking inadequate intake of these omega-3 fats in pregnant women to premature birth and low birth weight, and to hyperactivity in children.
Sadly, though, eating fresh fish, whether from the ocean, lakes and streams, or farm-raised, is no longer recommended. Mercury levels in all fish have now hit dangerously high levels across the world, and the risk of this mercury to your health now outweighs the omega-3 benefits of fish. Routine consumption of fish oil, however, is highly encouraged as a key ingredient in improving your health. Fish oil contains the highest levels of the best omega-3 fats – those with the EPA and DHA fatty acids – and, as it is in pure form, does not pose the mercury risk of fresh fish.
Where does our Omega-3 come from?
Our Fish Oil is derived primarily from Sardines (Sardina/Sardinella 9 different sub species names) and Anchovies (Engraulidae under 8 different sub species names) Sometimes Mackerel is also used. At times, Salmon (Salmo/Salmonidae 8 different sub species) are used to adjust the DHA content upward and Herring (Clupea/Clupedidae 6 of the 11 subspecies) are used on rare occasions to increase the EPA level. All fish used for oil in our products are caught in deep cold water channels in the Northern Atlantic and Pacific oceans. The fish oil used comes from “fish body oil” which is primarily found in the flesh.
Our Fish Oil is guaranteed to contain 18% EPA and 12% DHA per softgel. The proposed CRN monograph for fish oils plans to allow an omega 3 claim on these two fatty acids only. Other than EPA (180 mg) and DHA (120 mg.) the total Omega 3 fatty acids are approximately 63 mgs per softgel.
Serving Size: 1 Softgel
Servings Per Container: 50
Amount Per Serving
Fish Oil 1200mg
18% EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid) 180mg
12% DHA (docosahexaenoic acid) 120mg
Take one (1) softgel, up to three times daily with a meal.
If you have a blood disorder, are taking anticoagulant medication, or are pregnant or lactating, consult a health care professional before using this product. KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN. Store in a cool, dry place. Do not use this product if the safety seal on the bottle is broken
A nutritional powerhouse from Brazil and one of the most nutritious foods in the world
- Our ACAI is Rainforest Grown!
- One of the most nutritious foods in the world
- A powerful source of antioxidants to combat premature ageing
- Helps promote cardiovascular and digestive health
- Promotes weight loss
DHA: The primary building block of the human brain tissue and eyes.
- Essential nutrient for optimal brain function
- Studies support an association between DHA and benefits to the cardiovascular system
- Studies indicate a link between DHA and improved brain function
- Supports healthy blood pressure
- Supports healthy growth hormone levels
- Plays an important role in healthy eye function
- Supports healthy inflammatory response