What is Valerian?
Valerian (Valeriana officinalis) is a perennial plant native to North America and Europe, it has pinkish coloured flowers that grow from a tuberous root or rhizome. Harvested when the plant is two years old, the root contains a number of important compounds including valepotriates, valerenic acid, and other volatile oils. It is important to note that Valerian has a strong odour, so much so that new customers may think they have a ‘bad batch’. The ‘disagreeable’ odour is completely normal and should be expected.
What does Valerian do?
Valerian has long been used as an agent to soothe the nervous system in response to stress and as an inducer of restful sleep. Although other agents have been introduced in recent years, which offer similar benefits, Valerian is still one of the most popular herbal preparations on the market and is widely used throughout Europe and Germany. Valerian has been used as a sleep aid for over 1,000 years. It’s ability to help relax the central nervous system, promote feelings of calm, decrease levels of anxiety and stress, and enhance sleep are known to millions the world over. Valerian is not known to cause morning grogginess and is non-addictive.You can help your body and mind relax by taking Valerian.
- If you are pregnant or lactating consult a healthcare practitioner prior to using Valerian.
- If you are taking valerian to support restful sleep, practitioners recommend reducing your dosage if morning sleepiness occurs.
- Valerian may cause drowsiness. Use caution when driving and performing tasks that require alertness.
- Valerian may increase the effects of alcohol.
Serving Size: 2 Vegetarian Capsules
Servings Per Container: 60
Amount Per Serving:
- Valerian (Valeriana
officinalis) (root) 800 mg
- Valerian (Valeriana
officinalis) Extract (root)
(std. to 0.8% valerenic acid) 200 mg
Take 2 capsules one hour before bedtime. For daytime use: Take 1 capsule with water at mealtime.
If you are pregnant or lactating, consult a health care professional before using this product. KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN. Store in a cool, dry place. Do not use this product if safety seal on the bottle is broken.
Evening Primrose Oil: May support symptom relief associated with PMS
- May have positive effects on cardiovascular health
- May support healthy weight
- May support breast health
- May support healthy immune function
- Shown to reduce symptoms associated with diabetes
- May support skin health
Plant-based Supplement Supports Digestive & Immune System Health
- Promotes healthy digestion
- Supports natural cleansing
- Gluten free
- Support family-owned medicinal herb farms
- Only the freshest and most vital raw materials are sourced
- Finest organically grown, ethically wild-harvested ingredients
CHLOROPHYLL LIQUID DROPS offer pure, natural support to the digestive system while promoting a healthy, cleansed body. Chlorophyll is a nutrient that creates the green pigment and allows light absorption in many of the leafy green plants we eat. The benefits of liquid chlorophyll are vast, but some of most common benefits are digestion and immune system support. The chlorophyll drops are packed with nourishing properties that promote optimal health.